< Stuff I would rather write about | Main | Repeat, rinse, repeat, rinse ... >

What can't I write about Barry Manilow?

barrym.jpgPeople! A couple of commenters on the post below questioned my ability to write something about the wonder that is Barry Manilow. You dare doubt me? Barry is a virtual cornucopia of material on which to pontificate!

I'm sure you all know about how Barry sang hits like "I Write the Songs", "Mandy" and "Copacabana," and how he has sold over 75 million albums worldwide. That stuff is obvious. However, there is also this unknown story about Barry that may shed more light on his dominating personality and studly persona.

Barry was once asked to play at Lambeau Stadium in the 1970s. Barry said, "Sure! But you have to give me that sweet 5 acre parcel of land next to the cheese curd factory."

The city of Green Bay was a bit confused by this request, but quickly decided in the affirmative. They justified this by saying, "Getting Barry Manilow to come to this one-horse town will fill our overrated stadium to capacity, giving us enough revenue to build that beer fountain in front of the children's nursery we've always wanted."

When the time for the concert came Barry quickly found that Green Bay had already given away his 5 acre parcel of land to a local haberdasher selling bright orange hunting hats.

Barry went on a rampage! Turning his angry gaze to the Green Bay Butterfly House, he stormed inside and quickly dispatched of 2,134 butterflies, including the rare Amazonian Cheek Tickler.

As part of his probation, Barry was forced to do the voice-over for this Twinsville commercial that aired in 2004 on Patriot radio.

Spooky, heh? Now you know.

Posted by snackeru at February 19, 2007 7:42 AM

Shane....you are a MESS!!!!

Posted by: kevin in az at February 19, 2007 4:12 PM

And I thought pairing Bob Dylan and Britney Spears was a stretch (click my name).

Shane, I bow to the master.

btw, who got the coveted 5,000th comment to your website?

Posted by: Freealonzo at February 19, 2007 4:16 PM

Your stadium jealousy has reached new heights (or is it lows?) Shane. Don't worry Shane, we can still go to Miller Park for the Twins/Brewers series in May.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at February 20, 2007 9:32 AM

Just got around to reading this one. Great stuff!

Posted by: Jeff A at February 25, 2007 7:41 PM

good to know.

Posted by: chandler at March 13, 2007 11:36 PM