< I used to enjoy ... | Main | I was really ... >

If only ...

this was real.

flux.jpg

Posted by snackeru at April 4, 2007 4:03 PM

OK, I have no clue what the hell this is.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at April 4, 2007 4:12 PM

It is from a famous 80s movie triology. The book in the foreground is a clue. Anyone?

Posted by: Shane at April 4, 2007 4:16 PM

back to the future i think....what did doc call it? his flux capacitor???

Posted by: kevin in az at April 4, 2007 4:18 PM

How would a sports alminac help? ;)

Interesting style though. Reminds me of something I saw after I hit my head on the sink.

Posted by: Tim_R at April 4, 2007 4:19 PM

Doc hit his head on the toilet, actually.

And yes, kevin, it is the might Flux Capacitor!

Posted by: Shane at April 4, 2007 4:22 PM

Sigh... He was standing on his toilet and fell. He hit his head on the sink.

Posted by: Tim_R at April 4, 2007 4:24 PM

Curses! You are right.

Posted by: Shane at April 4, 2007 4:30 PM

Nice win last night. Boof gets the job done. We manufacture three runs. Loved the broken bat.

Since the almanac is in the foreground, just to be precise, this would be Back to the Future Part II, correct?

Clarley Balters reports today that the design unveiling is still slated for April 12. And, he mentions that the team will request that we start each season on the road and return home for mid-April to have the best chance at good weather. Last week would have been great baseball weather. This week is, in my opinion, also good baseball weather, but more suited for football.

Posted by: Derek at April 4, 2007 4:33 PM

ONE-POINT-TWENTY-ONE GIGAWATTS!?!??!

Posted by: Vicki at April 5, 2007 9:45 AM

This week is, in my opinion, also good baseball weather, but more suited for football.

Derek -- are you nuts? I'm a hardcore baseball guy, I've played and watched baseball in all sorts of ridiculous winter weather, but I can't really say that 25 degrees farenheit, with 15 MPH winds, is "baseball weather" in the sense I'd pay $20 to sit 3+ hours in it with friends and loved ones. The wind chill has been brutal to me on my walks to and from work, and I'm just across the river from the Dome. (I'm a pretty big Metrodome apologist in many regards, so excuse my ranting.)

Of course, from the team's perspective, if the Twins only draw ~25,000 for these games anyway in the comfort of the Dome, they probably won't do much worse in a new outdoors park (i.e. the White Sox and Tigers drew similar attendance yesterday in slightly better weather than Minnesota, albeit for day games. And the new & improved Brewers have drawn even fewer fans than the Dome the past two nights while playing under a far more expensive roof -- not apples to apples, I know, but I think there's plenty of evidence that a roof or lack thereof does NOT seriously impact attendance).

Posted by: spycake at April 5, 2007 10:12 AM

OMG!!! The Tigers had to postpone a game for cold weather yesterday and the White Sox are canceling tonight's game for the same reason. Plus, I saw that there were snow flakes falling during last night's Yankees game. I've heard that, as a result, both Chicago and Detroit are submitting proposals to their respective legislatures to put roofs on their stadiums, and plans for the new Yankees stadium have been postponed until they can figure out a way to add a roof to the current designs! I think we should take a page from these playbooks and put everything on hold until the new stadium includes plans for a roof. ;)

Posted by: The Tube at April 6, 2007 12:45 PM