< Trying to make sense of it all | Main | Setting the record straight >

I know where I'll be July 18

thud.jpg

Ah yeah, my homies! Thud's CD release party at First Avenue! And check it out, it will "feature a performance" by Thud himself!

I don't want to be too dismissive of Thud's music or his talent, though. Not being a fan of "the rap" or "the hip-hop" young folks are listening to today, I can't say for sure if Thud's music is fresh or not. He does have a record deal with Capitol, too, which is respectable.

I wish him all the best. In fact, I hope he is so successful he never dons a Timberwolves jersey again. Its a win-win for everyone!

Posted by snackeru at July 10, 2007 6:13 PM

It is past time for him to explore other avenues of employment...

Posted by: DouglasG at July 10, 2007 4:55 PM

The wackness is palpable

Posted by: chapman at July 10, 2007 4:58 PM

I, too, am now feeling "the stress of both worlds." I don't want to watch him play basketball, and I don't want to hear his music.

Jeff T.

Posted by: Jeff T. at July 10, 2007 5:20 PM

This isn't even his first album. "The Stress of Both Worlds" was released a few years ago. In terms of unintentional comedy, these musical offerings are off the charts.

Anyone remember Ron Artest's request to absent himself from the Pacers to promote his album?

Posted by: The Tube at July 10, 2007 5:21 PM

Me, I'm saving my money for that styx, foreigner, def leppard concert at the State Fair. If only kansas could make it too.............

Posted by: freealonzo at July 10, 2007 5:49 PM

And Foghat. If Foghat was there I would be tailgating a week in advance.

Posted by: Shane at July 10, 2007 6:24 PM

I saw Foghat at the old Met Sports Center in I think 1980. They played 6 song in about 75 minutes. Lots of guitar and drum solos.

Posted by: freealonzo at July 10, 2007 7:39 PM

Given that I AM a fan of "the rap" and "the hip-hop" I'm tempted to actually check this out, if only to further my own hopes that T-Hud might become successful enough to never don a T-wolves jersey again.

Or maybe McHale should explore a trade to the Nets so T-Hud can hook up with Jay-Z?

Posted by: Snyder at July 11, 2007 9:04 AM