< Details emerging | Main | In case you missed it ... >

January 24, 2008

The Defending Champion

andpine.jpg

We won it all last year ... will this year show off our car building prowess once again? Check back this weekend to find out!

Posted by snackeru at January 24, 2008 8:31 PM

Comments

you forgot to put President Bush and his administration in the backseat of that cop car for violating human rights by promoting torture...and maybe also for recently exempting himself and his administration from any possible accusations of such crimes.

Posted by: Old Panda at January 25, 2008 1:16 AM

Good luck this weekend by the way

Posted by: Old Panda at January 25, 2008 1:17 AM

Congratulations Old Panda! You get the award for the strangest, weirdest, off topic comment in the history of the Greet Machine.

Anyone else want to turn a picture of a Pinewood Derby car into a political statement? The floodgates have been opened!

Posted by: Shane at January 25, 2008 8:12 AM

You could always have a symbolic Rodney King be dragged behind the car as it's racing to protest all the crimes the police themselves have committed.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at January 25, 2008 10:24 AM

You should put Roger Clemens & Michael Vick in the backseat.

Posted by: tato at January 25, 2008 11:30 AM

Here here old panda!!!!!!!!! Can we find room for Carl Rove in the backseat as well????

Posted by: kevin in az at January 25, 2008 12:39 PM

Since Scouts frown on gay leaders and denounce homosexually generally, couldn't the cop car be leading a gay couple who wanted to get married away from the Pinewood Derby contest?

Posted by: Freealonzo at January 25, 2008 12:40 PM

Strib reporting that Morneau has signed a long-term deal.

Posted by: kevin in az at January 25, 2008 12:51 PM

That is pretty sick Free.

Well, a simple post about a car created by a child that thinks police cars are "cool" has been ruined.

Only in America.

Posted by: Shane at January 25, 2008 1:07 PM

Free - LOL!

Shane - KMOTW? And good luck in the derby!

Posted by: Snyder at January 25, 2008 2:28 PM

KARE-11 reports long-term deals for Morneau and Cuddyer with details to be announced at 4:00 PM today. What a way to kick off TwinsFest!

Posted by: Snyder at January 25, 2008 2:34 PM

Sorry Shane, but as my Grandpa always said, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

Posted by: Freealonzo at January 25, 2008 3:17 PM

Isn't it ironic the Twins announce these signings the day tickets go on sale and the day before Twinsfest. Now if only they can lock down Santana before spring training.

Posted by: kevin in az at January 25, 2008 3:35 PM

It's not ironic, it's calculated. :-)

Posted by: Snyder at January 25, 2008 3:48 PM

Yeah, I suppose Free. I'll have to watch what I type from now on!

Posted by: Shane at January 25, 2008 7:04 PM

Players Linked to Steroids and Human Growth Hormone (hGH)
All players who have admitted, tested positive or have been tied to substantial accusational media reports. Use the menu or scroll down to read about how each player is connected to the era. Total
112

Brendan Donnelly
Chad Allen
Jeff Williams
Howie Clark
Nook Logan
Total: 47
*Used prohormones. Legal in the U.S. and MLB at the time, are now illegal and considered an anabolic steroid.

** Bell was linked to Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. It is used in treatments to induce testosterone production in men and is often used in conjunction with anabolic steroids.

Players Linked to Steroids and Human Growth Hormone (hGH) - Details
Mitchell Report [47]
Ricky Bones - Page 92-94 (140-142)

Posted by: bart at January 25, 2008 9:16 PM

Wow, Shane. I bet you didn't expect this chain of comments in your wildest dreams. I don't even know where to begin and I think I'll just leave well enough alone. I do find it ironic that some of these people who need to validate their masculinity by going to a "real" barber can't tolerate the Boy Scouts. Weird.

I wish you boys the best in the pinewood derby races and bring home some more hardware. And thanks for being one of the "good" dads out there!

Posted by: Brian Maas at January 26, 2008 2:48 PM

O.k. since that last comment seems to be directed to me I'm going to respond.

I made the crack about gays and Boy Scouts because I think it's absolutely ridiculous BSA's stand on homesexuality and ban on gay members and leaders in scouting. BSA literally thinks that gay men would be in scouts solely to prey on young boys or "recruit" them to a gay lifestyle (Don't believe me? You're on the web - look it up)

BSA's stance is intolerant, cretin, and wrong.

You also know what? My 12 year old son is in Scouts, just like Shane's kids. I'm active in scouting and tonight will be at a meeting planning the upcoming Scout Sunday events.

Most people can hold more than one view in their head. I dispise BSA's gay views but love what other skills they are instilling in my son.
I can teach him that Scouts are wrong in the first instance, while embracing the second.

If that makes me intolerant, so be it.

Posted by: Freealonzo at January 26, 2008 4:22 PM

Free,

That certainly does not make you intolerant, in fact it makes you a very enlightened, thoughtful father. Your boy is very lucky to have a good role model, which is more than I can say for so many parents out there with their heads in the sand with their bibles.

Posted by: kevin in az at January 26, 2008 6:44 PM

Hello from TwinsFest! The new ballpark model is awesome!

Posted by: Snyder at January 27, 2008 2:05 PM