< Welcome to the desert of the real | Main | Be afraid! >

I can't find that album anywhere

My correspondence with iTunes: freewheelin.jpg

Me: I recently switched from a PC to a Mac and I successfully moved all my purchased iTunes music to the new Mac using IP over firewire. Or I thought I did. For the life of me I can't find my purchase of Bob Dylan's The Freewheelin Bob Dylan anywhere. On either computer. I am afraid I somehow deleted it.

Could I redownload the purchase from iTunes? Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks!

Emily at iTunes: I understand that you switched from a PC to a Mac, and you were able to transfer all of your iTunes Store items except for the album "The Freewheelin Bob Dylan Anywhere". I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. I would be happy to assist you in regards to this matter.

I reviewed your iTunes Store and found that the version of the album "The Freewheelin Bob Dylan Anywhere", is no longer available in the iTunes Store. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Since the version that you purchased is no longer available, I have issued 5 replacement song credits to your account "snackeru@yahoo.com", which you can use to buy the individual songs of your choice from the iTunes Store.

So, let's see. She couldn't find the album "The Freewheelin Bob Dylan Anywhere" ... I guess it is the thought that counts, but I must admit after reading this ...

A small tear slowly trickled down my face.

Posted by snackeru at March 3, 2008 10:03 PM

It's alive!! IT'S ALIVE!!!

Posted by: zooomx at March 4, 2008 7:03 AM

Yes, Shane, but you can use those 5 credits to download some NEW Janet Jackson songs! Or, you could download the current #1 song in America, "Low," by future legends Flo Rida (that's a take-off on Florida) and T-Pain. The choices are endless.

Why keep Bob Dylan around when talent like this is available?

Jeff T.

Posted by: Jeff T. at March 4, 2008 7:11 AM

No Freewheelin' Bob Dylan i I-Tunes! My God what next no Cheap Trick - Live at Budakan?.

I hear there's also a new re-mix of Promiscious by Nellie Furtado featuring Naz, you may want to check that out too!

Posted by: Freealonzo at March 4, 2008 7:21 AM

Personally, I'd rather have Janet Jackson than Bob Dylan...oh, wait, we're talking about sound files here and not video files? Shoot...

Posted by: Snyder at March 4, 2008 9:35 AM

Could have been worse. Dylan's album could have been replaced by an unremovable Tom Petty album.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at March 4, 2008 12:27 PM

Cheesehead. I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

Posted by: Freealonzo at March 4, 2008 12:44 PM

You could always buy the CD and import it to your iTunes library.

Posted by: Dave T at March 4, 2008 12:51 PM