< Favorite albums: 2007 | Main | Sorry you had to see that folks >

I am a winner

I think it is important to note some developments that have made me happy in the last few years:

What I hope to see, and will fight for, in the future:

Now, just like the bullet points above, I will get what I want. It is only a matter of time. The minority of complainers can whine all they want, but progress will happen. And if you don't like it, fight it yourself, or move. I really don't care because ...

I AM A WINNER

and

YOU ARE A LOSER

History has already proven this since I am getting what I want. This trend will continue. I have no doubt about it. Deal with it.

Anyone else have any examples of how the principles of truth, justice, and the American way are winning?

Posted by snackeru at March 7, 2008 10:50 AM

Dear doofus,
it's not a zero-sum game. When a community invests in itself, we are all winners.

Posted by: Dave T at March 7, 2008 11:16 AM

Hobbit Movie is happening

Brett Favre - pwned!

Gopher football and basketball recruiting class for 2008/09.

Scarlett Johanson exists

Posted by: Freealonzo at March 7, 2008 11:25 AM

Unlikely partnership of transit enthusiasts and Minnesota Chamber of Commerce convince Legislature to pass transportation bill by overriding governor's veto.

Rudy G dropped out.

Gopher football stadium opens in 2009.

Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson not only exist, but star in the same movie.

Posted by: Snyder at March 7, 2008 12:12 PM

Love it. Great post!

Posted by: Moe at March 7, 2008 12:13 PM

Typical jerk, bringing out the "liberal" label even though he doesn't have a clue about who he is actually talking to. Do you call everyone a "liberal" when you find something you don't agree with them on? How original.

Do you even know me STM? All you know are your own selfish biases.

This blog started out with me, Curt in Grand Forks, Cheesehead Craig, and my mom. I think I'll be OK without the mighty STM. Especially if that means writing about music, and not having it turn into an STM whining session.

Posted by: Shane at March 7, 2008 12:49 PM

Forgot one: Tubby Smith came to Minnesota!!!

Posted by: Snyder at March 7, 2008 1:19 PM

NDSU defeats UM in football. *ducks*

Posted by: SBG at March 7, 2008 2:15 PM

Here's a few:

WI once again winning the Border Battle Cup

Brett Favre playing 16 years for the Packers, never was a more perfect match for a player/team. Go ahead with the mock insults Free, on Favre I'm unflappable.

Having Shane and his family as neighbors. Couldn't ask for anyone better.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at March 7, 2008 3:34 PM

Is the current Pawlenty plan to cut sales taxes and reduce funding to the UofM the plan you're referring to? because if so, I agree!

And at $60,000,000 per mile for LRT, I think you could provide Health Care for all. Just not both. Unfortunately the dope smokers wanted cheap transportation to their opium dens instead. Oh well, at least we got one.

Posted by: Go Pawlenty at March 8, 2008 11:17 AM

Whatever. Like I said, it is all just a matter of time. You think LRT won't expand? You think health care coverage won't change for the better? You think funding to the U of M will decrease? You live in fantasy land. Progress will happen whether you like it or not. Thank goodness.

Posted by: Shane at March 8, 2008 1:05 PM

LRT will be expanding thanks to that transportation bill passing that I mentioned earlier, which gives counties the option to levy a sales tax to support transit funding like those dope-smokers in Denver and Phoenix already have.

So Shane is again right and it's no thanks to Pawlenty.

Posted by: Snyder at March 8, 2008 3:22 PM

One thing Shane may have to wait a long time for is LRT down I-394. Next route after the Central Corridor is SW Corridor to Eden Prairie (although Shane could probably catch LRT at Louisiana Blvd.) After that it goes north.

Posted by: Freealonzo at March 8, 2008 5:14 PM

Can't keep away STM? Have I got under your skin or something? I can see through the site stats that you are a quite fixated on this little site for some reason. Wow you are visiting a lot! I've never had a stalker before. Kind of flattering. Oh well, you can keep trying to find a way in, and I'll just keep on deleting. It's not like you are writing anything original anyway.

Let it go STM. Start your own blog. I'll even link to it and I promise I won't harass you. I try to rise above that sort of thing.

You are absolutely right Freealonzo. 394 may be a long shot. But a guy can dream! And like I said, I've got patience.

Posted by: Shane at March 8, 2008 9:42 PM

I'm watching Twins spring training on FSN right now. Boof is looking pretty good after losing 30 pounds!

Posted by: Snyder at March 9, 2008 12:14 PM

STM to Shane:

"I can't quit you Greet Machine"

"You had me at publicly funded ballpark... you had me at public funded ballpark"

"Greet Machine I am your father"

"Play it again Greet Machine"

"Get your hands off me you damn dirty Greet Machine!"

Greet Machine won the pennant, Greet Machine won the pennant!

"That's one small step for STM, one giant leap for Great Machine"

"Ich bin ein Greet Machiner!"

"Greet Machine: Tear down this wall!"

Posted by: Freealonzo at March 9, 2008 12:15 PM

Good to see you having some fun, Shane.

Posted by: Jeff A at March 10, 2008 7:31 AM