< I am a winner | Main | Give him the job >

Sorry you had to see that folks

Well, as you might have noticed, the last entry on this fine blog was directed at a specific individual who had finally driven me over the edge.

Of course, I am speaking about Stop the Madness, or as he is better known: STM.

STM has been commenting on this blog for about a year now. He is most definitely against the building of a new Twins stadium, and most other public subsidies for ... well ... anything I suppose. I'm honestly not sure the sun rises in his world, or if the birds chirp. He seems to be an angry, maybe even lonely, person with a consistent gripe that really was turning into a broken record.

Now, it has been the policy of this blog to allow the free flow of ideas. Over the now four years this blog has been up and running I have (almost) never deleted a comment just because I disagreed with it. This includes STM's comments.

However, like I said, STM would write about the same stuff no matter what topic I was writing about. And he would do it in an arrogant, attacking, passive-aggressive fashion that, like I said, finally drove me over the edge.

So, I have blocked STM from this site. I have blocked as many IP addresses as I could find that STM has used in the past. I have also banned the use of the term "STM" in any comment (so don't use it, the comment will be blocked). That seemed to hold STM back for a while.

Over the weekend, though, STM (in his never ending quest to have the last word) started to post comments again through his cell phone. So, I blocked that. Then he tried to post comments through anonymous proxy servers. I have blocked as many of those I could find. Of course, I have also deleted his comments. That is why the last entry's flow of comments may not make sense.

In addition, I have changed this blog's front page so that when STM's primary IP address hits the page he sees the message "The Greet Machine is no more. It isn't worth it" and a blank screen. Hopefully this will dupe him into thinking I have given up. I note through the logs that he has already seen the page (and he was searching for Freealonzo's blog ... sorry Free).

STM is the first person I have ever banned from this site. I hope he is the last. Again, I welcome dissenting opinions. From now on, though, I am going to monitor the comments to make sure they have something to do with the topic at hand and are somewhat respectful of the people that read this site. If not, off they go.

Thanks everyone. I think the worst is over. Life is too short, you know what I mean? I'd rather focus on the positive. Have a good day everyone!

Posted by snackeru at March 10, 2008 2:39 PM

ding dong, the witch (or is it twit) is dead,
the twit is dead, the twit is dead,
ding dong, the crabby twit is dead!

Ah, the thing that cracks me up the most is that the twit (since I can't use his name) kept telling us we all need to get a life, and here he is expending countless man hours commenting on a site in which no one ever agreed with him.

10 bucks he starts harassing his neighbors to let him use their computers so he can fight for their rights.

Kudos to you Shane for hanging in as long as you did, and for taking the appropriate action.

BTW - I still owe you a Twin's game and snapshot for your website. I haven't forgotten. However, I do take much glee in seeing where your Gophers are sitting in the WCHA this year. He He

Posted by: zooomx at March 10, 2008 4:09 PM

Ban zoomx for his disparaging of the Gopher Men's Hockey team! ;-)

Posted by: DouglasG at March 10, 2008 4:23 PM

Ha! Good idea Douglas. How dare anyone take "glee" in the Gophers plight this year. Besides we all know this is The Don's master plan ... lull everyone into a sense of superiority and then open the can off whoop ass!

Zooomx, I would love to go to a Twins game with you! Let's try to make it work this year. Any time that you know you are coming down let me know!

Posted by: Shane at March 10, 2008 4:34 PM

How many NCAA playoff games have the SCSU Huskies won again?

Posted by: Freealonzo at March 10, 2008 5:28 PM

ah... Free... I will not take the bait... my boys finished worse then where they should have too. I am just delighting in the Gopher stinkiness.

Posted by: zooomx at March 10, 2008 6:00 PM

Fair enough Zoomx, fair enough. I think I'm rooting for New Hampshire this year.

So that was some major stalking from Mad the Stopness. Was he a dweeby 15 year old sitting at home trying to cause havoc before his mom called him for dinner? A sad, lonely guy who for the first time in his life was the center of attention? or just a bitter man who is so sheltered he couldn't conceive that someone may have an opinion different than his own narrow views? Could provide enough couch hours that a psycho-analyst could easily put his kids through college on him alone.

Posted by: Freealonzo at March 10, 2008 7:47 PM

Free,

MTS is well on his way to becoming a leader of the GOP in MN...His credentials are stellar.

Anyway, thank you Shane, I can now resume commenting on this blog on a regular basis again.

Posted by: kevin in az at March 11, 2008 12:41 PM

This just in: Madness the Stop is still trying to get into this site.

So far my blocks are working, but how sad is that?

STM ... get a new hobby. Why do you persist?

Posted by: Shane at March 11, 2008 3:29 PM

That's too bad about STD. Maybe he'll get a new hobby, like yelling at clouds or something like that.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at March 11, 2008 3:56 PM

It is rather pathetic, and scary, about how far "he who will not be named" will go to try and post on thie blog. I agree that he needs a life, bad.

Curt in Grand Forks (where winter lasts too long to have a life)

Posted by: Curt Hanson at March 11, 2008 6:49 PM

Halte à la folie! which is french for "get a life" ess tee em.

Crank the Machine back up, Shane.

Posted by: brianS at March 11, 2008 11:36 PM

"Yelling at clouds"

That's great. Thanks Cheesy!

Posted by: Freealonzo at March 12, 2008 7:36 AM

Jeez... I saw an old fart jaywalking (because they paid for the roads don't ya know) and shaking his fist at the clouds. I could have sworn it had to be "he who will not be troll fed anymore", but alas I forgot he was "yelling at clouds" now.

By the way anyone else notice that his initials in reverse are M(etro) T(ransit) S(ervice)??

Huh... a coincidence? I think not!! Ouchh... I am very very ill and am possible hallucinating...did I just write something.

Gotta go throw up.

Posted by: zooomx at March 12, 2008 7:06 PM

aw... man, I missed it.

Posted by: drake33 at March 19, 2008 3:43 PM

Comment first before Read :)

Posted by: Logicb0x at April 16, 2008 5:10 PM

bummer...

Posted by: how to write a cover letter at May 20, 2008 12:25 AM