< Give him the job | Main | There is only one "17th" worthy to be celebrated >

Bad idea

big_ten_network.gif

Man the Big Ten Network sucks. Who was the genius that came up with this idea? I used to be able to watch all the Gopher games, but not any more. Last night's basketball game was probably the most exciting Gopher game in five years, and I have to "watch" it on an ESPN gamecast.

I live in St. Louis Park! I should not have to watch the highlights after the fact!

I know some people blame Comcast or Time Warner more than the BTN for this fiasco, and I'm sure there is enough blame to go around. All I know is I got to watch the games last year without any problems. This year, not so much.

The only difference between this year and last year is the creation of the Big Ten Network. If I have to go through this again next year ... I may just have to write a nasty letter!

Posted by snackeru at March 15, 2008 12:35 PM

It's cheapo Comcast's fault! Big Ten Network means more revenues to your employer. I should think you'd be on board with that, Shane. ;-)

Supposedly, Comcast and BTN are talking again and hope to get an agreement finalized this summer after the lawyers get done inflating their billable hours...

Posted by: Snyder at March 15, 2008 1:43 PM

How on earth did Tubby squeeze 20 wins out of this group of scrubs? Just think what we have to look forward to next year with one of the best recruiting classes in the nation!

Posted by: bj at March 16, 2008 1:03 AM

Shane - you should do what I did and switch to DirecTV. I'm glad the BTN exists since I used to fork out $100 every year for the Full Court package so I could see my Hawkeyes. Now every game is in HD and I don't have to pay extra for the games. Couldn't be happier.

Posted by: IowaWigman at March 16, 2008 4:22 PM

Sounds like Shane has found a new cause now that the stadium is being built.

The BTN won't know what hit them.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at March 17, 2008 8:50 AM