< Let me put it this way ... | Main | Boys and video games >

April 16, 2008

The greatest picture I think I have ever seen in my life

0walldeathblog.jpg

What is the story behind this picture? It would be enough to have a motorcycle and an old jallopi flying around a wall-of-death, but then they had to throw a lion into the side car. I gotta say, that is very respectable. My hats off to these two daredevils. At first you would think adding a lion would be a little excessive. Ha! You would be wrong.

I saw this picture yesterday and I immediately saved it knowing I would never be able to find it again (I was on a different computer). So, unfortunately I can't give proper attribution. If anyone knows where the original picture can be found, let me know. I'd like to give credit where credit is due.

Back to your lives citizens.

Posted by snackeru at April 16, 2008 3:30 PM

Comments

HEY! you guys are all still here. Its been over a year or so since I've checked this sight. I saw it referenced on the ballpark magic blog.

I used to check this site back during the stadium debate (and the Mpls Issues list - such an ironic name). Anyway, congrats on the longevity. Still love the humor - like this pic. That's classic!

Posted by: JC at April 16, 2008 9:53 PM

A quick google for "lion sidecar" yields a few sites with this pic. This appears to be the "first" although it is in French:

More likely, you may have encountered it linked at one of these sites:

And I also found a bit of background information on the general practice of putting lions in sidecars and riding around the wall-of-death:

Posted by: spycake at April 17, 2008 12:11 PM

Thanks spycake. Nice bit of research there Tex!

And thanks for the comment JC. Yeah, I'm still around, but I'm only a shell of my former self.

Posted by: Shane at April 17, 2008 12:58 PM

That Jalopnik site has some real funny comments with it. Here's one of the best:

If the bowl they're racing around isn't filled with hungry sharks and electric eels, who cares? I mean, it's just a motorcycle trying to overcome a car with a sidecar holding a lion while driving on a vertical road surface.

Sheesh, modern people are easy to impress.

Posted by: Freealonzo at April 17, 2008 2:45 PM

Excellent pic, it may be my eyesight (age i suppose) but the lion does not seem real, maybe its made of fur.

Posted by: Dexter Johnas at August 1, 2008 4:32 PM