< Add your own caption ... | Main | Open Letter to Glen Taylor >

I resemble that remark

If you are anything like me, you can't get enough Timberwolves draft coverage. The mystery ... the suspense ... the knowledge that whatever pick the T-Wolves make, the 5 players after that will go on to have stellar NBA careers. Good stuff.

Anyway, I was reading CNNSI.com recently when I stumbled upon a column by the old Strib T-Wolves beat writer Steve Aschburner entitled "Wolves in position to shape draft." Steve usually does a good job of scouting the Wolves, and his article did a nice job of highlighting the spotty draft record of the team.

However, there is one part of the article where Steve crosses the line. There is one part where Steve manages to put down not only Corey Brewer, but also me personally. Let's take a look at the offending excerpt:

It hasn't been all bad. Randy Foye (the team's top pick in 2006) still has a world of promise in Minnesota's backcourt. Corey Brewer (its 2007 selection) could be dynamite if he ever finds his shot and builds his arm and leg muscles to the size of your average librarian's.

I beg your pardon? As a librarian I take great offense to this statement. For years I have toiled in the bowels of the library, lifting book after book until my arms are now like two steel pipes bursting with strength and sinewy determination.

Seriously, just today I had this conversation with my wife:

Me: So a police officer told me I'm not allowed to wear shirts with sleeves anymore.
Wife: Why?
Me: Apparently Minnesota has a law against carrying concealed weapons. (Flex arms)

Anyone who knows me knows that I am ripped!

The point of this whole post is that Corey would do well to build his strength to that of a librarian, and Steve Aschburner would do well not to tick me off in the future. Let's just put it this way: if I ever read anything like this again I will consider Steve Aschburner a mouse for my hungry pythons!

Posted by snackeru at June 26, 2008 8:19 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha!

I'm tempted to forward this one to Asch. He'll probably get a bigger laugh out of it than I did. :-)

Posted by: Snyder at June 26, 2008 10:15 AM

the only thing more boring than the timberwolves is talking about the timberwolves...Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: kevin in az at June 26, 2008 6:09 PM

Mayo! Yay!

(Sorry to bore you, kevin in az)

Posted by: Snyder at June 26, 2008 7:24 PM

Hold the Mayo there Snyder!!

I think it's time Paul Bunyan returns to the forest of northern MN and let someone with a clue become the GM.

Posted by: kevin in az at June 27, 2008 3:01 AM

Good one, Kevin in Az!

I have mixed feelings about the trade. For now, I'm trying to think positive since three years of hating on McHale has gotten me nowhere...

Posted by: Snyder at June 27, 2008 9:19 AM

You do have arms of pipes Shane: skinny, very flexible pipes.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at June 30, 2008 1:27 PM

Actually, Shane, all you need is a permit; then you can carry a concealed weapon in Minnesota anywhere that doesn't have a sign warning you off.

(Though I imagine the U library would be one of those places.)

I don't think pythons are registerable, though -- as weapons or as pets. :)

Posted by: David Wintheiser at July 5, 2008 1:24 AM