< From time immemorial ... | Main | Movies I have to stop and watch >

For future reference ...

So, I went to the Twins game on Saturday night. This means that combined with the Brewers game I saw on June 28, not only have I seen two losses, but I have also seen two of the most boring Twins games in their storied history. Man, it was brutal.

I had pretty good seats too. Up a ways in section 228 so my son and I had a nice bird's eye view of everything. We got the tickets as walk-up customers, but I first tried to call 1-800-33-TWINS to procure our seats.

Have you ever called this number but messed up the numbers ever so slightly? Like maybe called 1-800-337 ... instead of 1-800-338 ...? Well, I did, and I got quite a shocking surprise.

For those of you that care, here is an important breakdown of the difference between the two numbers:

1-800-337-9467 = The best and hottest XXX phone sex action

1-800-338-9467 = Purchase tickets for Twins baseball

Got it? Good. I'd be surprised if I was the first to make this mistake, and I'm sure I won't be the last.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Posted by snackeru at August 4, 2008 12:28 PM

Caller: um, is this the phone sex line?

Operator: Would you like Twins Tickets?

Caller: Twins?!? that would be hot!

Operator: How about Monday Night v. New York?

Caller: Actually I was hoping for some Twins action right now.

Operator: Unfortunately they're in Seattle right now.

Caller: O.k. Say do you have any horny nurses?

Posted by: Freealonzo at August 4, 2008 12:45 PM

Saw "Franchise" pitch us into first place yesterday. He looked a bit rough around the edges, and couldn't buy a strike when he was pitching inside to the righties! We were both surprised that he got pulled after six scoreless innings (although he was around 95 pitches).

While standing in line at the walk-up booth was lamenting to my friend that I could not buy tix through a widget on my iPhone. Realized later that I could have opened Safari.

Didn't even think of calling, but now I have two numbers to add to my contacts. :)

Posted by: barryS at August 4, 2008 1:48 PM

o.k. I'm going to hijack this thread to say that sometime Greet Machine poster has a fantastic set of pics he took of the new Twins ballpark.

These are from last week and look great. Man I am salivating over watching a game at that new park. Here's the link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mojo1759/TwinsStadium72908/photo#5228576345313867762

Posted by: Freealonzo at August 4, 2008 4:12 PM

Yeah, that's a pretty good set of pictures. I particularly liked the shots of the dugout. At least that's what I thought it was!

Nice work MOJO!

Posted by: Shane at August 4, 2008 4:29 PM

Getting back on-topic, I'm glad I usually get my tickets at the Pro Shop. It's worth the buck extra they charge to actually interact with someone in person and sometimes you even run into someone you know while you're there.

Posted by: Snyder at August 4, 2008 8:51 PM