< We want the Jug! | Main | Arches >

On second thought ...

antijug.jpg

On second thought, who cares about a stupid old jug anyway? I mean, seriously. What is the Little Brown Jug? It is a piece of crap jug that used to hold water. It is the equivalent of today's plastic Nalgene bottle. Really. Michigan and Minnesota pretty much play for a Nalgene bottle. Who wants a stupid Nalgene bottle? I sure don't.

Not only that, but the Little Brown Jug is ugly too. It has a crappy paint job and the colors don't even match. Maroon on one side and a dark blue on the other. Ugly.

Plus, here we are, getting ready to move into a brand new stadium, and Michigan comes by trying to pawn their crap on us. What is one of the first thing you do when you move out of your house? You get rid of all the crap you don't want to move into your new house. Let's see ... ugly brown jug that can't even hold water any more? Brewster was wise to tell Rodriguez to take the jug back to Michigan. We've got enough to move as it is!

Now, the other two trophies ... at least they have some usefulness. Paul Bunyan's Axe? If there are some fireplaces in the new stadium it will be nice to have an axe to cut some wood. And Floyd of Rosedale? Well, that is just a high quality piece of art. We are going to need some art to spruce up the place.

So, who cares about the Little Brown Jug. By far the stupidest trophy in all of college football ... can't even hold water ... stupid jug.

Man, I wanted that stupid jug.

Posted by snackeru at November 9, 2008 4:48 PM

Aww, so bitter.

Posted by: Emily at November 9, 2008 5:58 PM

Whatever happened to " I mean, this Jug is literally priceless! It is irreplaceable! If it was ever put up for sale at an auction what would a Michigan or Minnesota booster be willing to pay for it? Millions I would wager. And here they are letting me, a total stranger, touch it and spin it around seemingly without a care for its safety. I was in heaven!"

Posted by: Alex at November 10, 2008 8:34 AM

Well .... ummm ... holding it once was nice and all, but who wants to hold it again? Like I said, all its just a silly old water jug. Nothing special about that. Right?

Posted by: Shane at November 10, 2008 9:28 AM

Hopefully this will help get your mind off the LBJ

http://www.minnpost.com/patborzi/2008/11/11/4525/twins_off_to_impressive_start_with_target_field_design_and_features

Posted by: Snyder at November 12, 2008 5:03 PM

Go Badgers!

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at November 14, 2008 3:29 PM

I think it's time for another edition of "Spilled Milk" - who's with me?

http://www.startribune.com/local/34620284.html?elr=KArks:DCiU1PciUoaEYY_4PcUU

Posted by: Snyder at November 19, 2008 10:01 AM