< July 2008 | Main | September 2008 >

Water Wars

Como Zoo has a pretty nice amusement park called Como Town which offers some fun thrills at a cheap price. One of the "rides" you can participate in is called "Water Wars" where two people launch water balloons at each other. The two participants are put in a water balloon launching mechanisms which face each other and make it fun and easy to soak your opponent.

Water Wars also has some rules. I like rule #2:

waterwars.jpg

That's it. Simple pleasures my friends. Simple pleasures.

Posted by snackeru at 10:12 PM | Comments (9)

Movies I have to stop and watch

These are the movies that when I see them on TV I have to stop and watch. I'm sure you know what I am talking about.

1. Mr. and Mrs. Smith
  2. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
  3. A Christmas Story
  4. Back to the Future
  5. The Shawshank Redemption
  6. The Matrix
  7. The Princess Bride
  8. Fight Club
  9. Napoleon Dynamite
  10. Hoosiers

And when Hot Fuzz finally gets shown on TV, that will probably jump to the top of the list!

I have spoken.

Posted by snackeru at 8:37 PM | Comments (11)

For future reference ...

So, I went to the Twins game on Saturday night. This means that combined with the Brewers game I saw on June 28, not only have I seen two losses, but I have also seen two of the most boring Twins games in their storied history. Man, it was brutal.

I had pretty good seats too. Up a ways in section 228 so my son and I had a nice bird's eye view of everything. We got the tickets as walk-up customers, but I first tried to call 1-800-33-TWINS to procure our seats.

Have you ever called this number but messed up the numbers ever so slightly? Like maybe called 1-800-337 ... instead of 1-800-338 ...? Well, I did, and I got quite a shocking surprise.

For those of you that care, here is an important breakdown of the difference between the two numbers:

1-800-337-9467 = The best and hottest XXX phone sex action

1-800-338-9467 = Purchase tickets for Twins baseball

Got it? Good. I'd be surprised if I was the first to make this mistake, and I'm sure I won't be the last.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Posted by snackeru at 12:28 PM | Comments (5)