« Going Green | Main | Seriously, What the Heck is up With Northwest Airlines? »

I-35W Commute = Insane

It seems that there is always road work slowing down the daily commute for Minnesotans, but even without extra delays the traffic itself can be a bit too much for some to handle.

The river bridge work is causing traffic tie ups on 35 beginning at Stinson Boulevard all the way to Interstate 94.

Although this is "construction season", many think that there aren't enough warnings put out before various projects begin.

"We anticipated there would be traffic impact and we did try to put the notice out," Embacher said.

During the night and on the weekends, there will only be one open lane in each direction.

In addition to the lane closures, the Minnesota Department of Transportation will close southbound I-35W at 8 p.m. on June 22 and will reopen it June 25 at 5 a.m. The recommended detour is Highway 280 to I-94.

The project is scheduled to be completed in late September.

The constant road work and heavy traffic has become a serious issue for Minnesota commuters. Many people are now choosing to carpool, or use public transportation which in the long run can save both time and money.