My Study Abroad Experience with MintTwist

Preparing for an Adventure

In May 2013, I was given the opportunity to study abroad in London. It was my first time leaving the country, so I was very excited and a little nervous. While abroad, I was to take a class and complete a six week internship for school credit.

My first week in London, I was assigned to work at a full service digital agency called MintTwist. From the first interview, I knew that it was going to be a great experience. When I started, I had very little knowledge about website design and development. But by the end of the six weeks I could not believe how much I had learned!

minttwist.png

Responsibility from Day 1

The very first day I was given small tasks to work on such as editing website content and writing blog posts to generate traffic for client websites. I was given constant feedback on what I was doing well and what I should improve. I appreciated this because it was my first time writing blogs and helping with website content, so all feedback was very helpful.

Throughout the next few weeks I was given increasingly bigger tasks. Each new project was exciting for me, as I felt a sense of accomplishment when I was able to complete them.

Rewarding Challenges

My last two weeks with the company were spent helping to design website content for a client's brand new website. This was a great challenge that allowed me to further interact with a lot of the marketing team, helping me to get to know everyone a lot more. Working on this project was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the team work and effort that came with it.

I was shocked at how much I was able to learn while working at MintTwist. On the first day, I had little knowledge how to write an effective blog post, or what a good web design looks like. But by the end I was writing blogs from my own ideas and creating completely new content for websites.

An Experience to Remember

MintTwist has been the most welcoming and talented company I have worked for thus far in my life. The people are friendly and helpful and I could not believe the amount of knowledge each and every one of them had. I would not change my experience for anything.

From the amazing, brilliant staff to the knowledge that I gained, I could not have asked for a better position abroad. I was very sad to see the six weeks end. However, I can now say that I have multiple friends overseas that I will never forget :)

Recent Assets

• minttwist.png