California activist to step down from ownership of marijuana business and university

Well-known marijuana activist Richard Lee said he plans to give up ownership of his pot dispensary and the famed Oaksterdam University after agents from the Internal Revenue Service and Drug Enforcement Agency raided the school on Monday morning.
"I've been doing this for a long time. Over 20 years... I kind of feel like I've done my time," Lee told the Los Angeles Times. "It's time for others to take over."
Lee founded Oaksterdam University in 2007 and it is now the most high-profile university that teaches people how to grow marijuana, The Washington Post reported. In addition to horticulture, the university also teaches the business and legality behind running a dispensary.
Lee told the Los Angeles Times that he was unaware of what triggered the raid but The Washington Post reported the raid as part of a criminal investigation into activities on the campus.
According to the DEA, Oaksterdam University will stay open for the time being and will operate without its founder, though Lee still plans to stay involved with marijuana activism.
"This may free me up to able to go campaign," Lee said to the Los Angeles Times. "We are getting very close to a tipping point on this issue."