George Zimmerman reaches out to Martin family

George Zimmerman, the man responsible for 17-year-old Trayvon Martin's death, extended an apology to the youth's mother and father at bail hearing Friday.
Zimmerman's apology came unexpected at the rather routine hearing, reported Fox 9 news.
"I want to say I am sorry for the loss of your son," he said. "I did not know how old he was, I thought he was a little bit younger than I am, and I did not know if he was armed or not."
Zimmerman faces murder charges for the Feb. 26 shooting of Martin and after the hearing his bond was set at $150,000, said a CNN report. Fox 9 stipulated that if Zimmerman were to post this bond, he would be required wear a GPS monitoring device and adhere to a curfew and would not be able to drink or possess a firearm.
Trayvon Martin's parents were present for Zimmerman's apology at the hearing but were not moved.
"Zimmerman makes this self-serving apology in court 50 days later," said Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump. "The real George Zimmerman website...never once said 'Im sorry'. Why now?"