The Moment Has Arrived

I have been biting my nails waiting to hear back from either of the firms I applied to, afraid they didn't receive my application, or all my hard work wasn't what they were looking for. . . until I got a call yesterday asking for an interview!

There were on the upper side of 80 applicants so I feel incredibly fortunate to be considered for the position. It seems the long hours I put into my mini portfolio really paid off! The last two days I have been putting final touches on my full portfolio and adding in new projects. I sent them to be printed this evening, so I'm crossing my fingers there are no glitches!

A few things to remember when preparing for an interview:

1. It's always better to be over-dressed than under-dressed. I was told today I could wear jeans to the interview as it is the firm's "casual Friday", however, dress as if you're going to an interview on any other day of the week. I will be wearing a skirt, dress shirt, and heels.

2. Be prepared!! This not only means have the appropriate materials, but prepare a few questions to ask at the end of the interview. This shows interest in the organization and allows you a chance to demonstrate knowledge of what they do.

3. Make sure you have enough materials for ALL interviewers. I didn't realize there would be more than one person interviewing me, so I had to send another portfolio to print tonight so each would have a book to look at. . . Learned my lesson. . . ASK how many there will be

4. Relax and take a deep breath!

Ok, well that's it for now. I'll let you know how it goes! Wish me luck and cross your fingers!!

This page contains a single entry by Saint Paul Campus Career Center published on May 3, 2010 12:54 PM.

Design in 7 was the previous entry in this blog.