Dangerous abortions 'on the rise', says WHO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-16618156
BBC News
Written on January 18th 2012

Abortion... the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy.
When people read the word abortion there are so many thoughts that begin to flood their minds. Some examples might be, I am sick of hearing about it. Whats the big deal anyway? Can't we just solve it by allowing abortion everywhere or not allowing it at all? Maybe some of you know someone who had an abortion, or yourself had one. I want to talk about this because this topic is very close to my heart. My purpose in writing about this article is not to push my belief or thoughts on you. I would simply like to provide you with some statistics that surprised me when I read them. You read the definition at the top of the page, that is what our english language definition of the word is.

This article states that "The World Health Organization study suggests global abortion rates are steady, at 28 per 1,000 woman a year. However, the proportion of the total carried out without trained clinical help rose from 44% in 1995 to 49% in 2008."

After I read this article there were two thoughts that ran through my head. But first I had to sit back into my couch and think about what I read before I started writing this down. My first thought, was how can I believe these numbers are true? Where and how do they figure that out? But then I remembered this was a study that the WHO did. They are pretty knowledgeable don't you think? So I guess you can take that or leave it, you decide. My second thought was very different from the first, I wonder how many abortions take place now in 2012 without trained clinical help? How many woman now have medical problems because of this? To me the thought of abortion is a very sad thing. The number of children that were not given the chance to live in this world makes me grieve. Now hearing that about half of those abortions are done without a trained clinical person makes my heart break for the amount of woman who put their life in danger. But like I said before, this is my opinion, and I would simply like to share it with you.

-A