So much for that

Well, the friends I wrote about in my last entry getting back together broke up again. Lots of drama there. I don't have a lot of faith left in relationships.

Work has started winding up for the busy season. Summer is always the worst time of year in terms of the volume of work coming in. Difficulty is pretty low, but the amount of stuff to do is kind of mind boggling.

Man, I'm starving. Sometimes I wonder if it would be possible to get the office to foot the bill for some delivery...probably not, but it certainly would be nice, mainly for the fact that I'm lazy and it's hot outside and I don't want to walk to Dinkytown to get a bagel with some shmere.

My birthday is coming up in a couple weeks. It always seems like more than a year goes by - but then I think on all that's changed (and what hasn't), and then it doesn't seem too long ago. I can't believe I'm going to be 23. Although I remember every year, the actual day-to-day memories seem like they were blurred just a bit, like a sepia-toned photo that had an unfortunate accident with a glass of water along an edge or two.

Mainly, 23 was supposed to be the year I got married. When I was little, 23 seemed pretty ancient. At the time, I figured this age would be plenty of time to find a husband. Now that I've nearly arrived, it's not nearly enough time. of course, time is pretty much relative for a ten-year-old, so I suppose my perception at the time was just a wee bit off. Even so, it's kind of depressing to think that I haven't made any progress in that direction.

Ah well, can't hurry anything, I guess. Still, I have a feeling I know what I'm going to wish for when I blow out all those candles this year.

Posted by stad0059 at June 7, 2006 10:45 AM