Short

Had a small bout with depression on Friday night. Went to my friend Nicole's 21st birthday party. I burned myself out by interacting for too long, and went into a kind of slump that involved a lot of whining of "oh, I hate myself so much", etc.

I'm over it now, happily. It's something about crappy weather and me being tired that triggers a session like that.

On a happier note, I got an A in my music fundamentals class. Score: me=1. I'm hoping the same will happen for my creative writing class, which will further pull up my GPA.

Wahahaha.

Posted by stad0059 at 5:45 PM

Thought for the day, taken from www.bumperart.com

1. All men are animals, some just make better pets.

Discuss.

I finished my paper last night. The terrifying thought now is that I have to present it to my class. Frankly, the thing is embarassing and I wish I didn't have to be there while they discussed it. Will post the next bit right after this entry.

Someone stole the waterbottle from my bike yesterday. It wasn't like I used it, but it was pretty cool. People will literally steal everything that's not bolted down. Stupid untrustable people. This is why I want to live in the country some day.

Posted by stad0059 at 10:38 PM

Wasting time

This entry cross-posted from my LiveJournal entry yesterday. I'm avoiding starting homework as usual, à la eating a quick dinner and doing everything but working on the short story due Thursday. Ugh.

(5/31) Back at school now. The majority of my story is finished, I'd say about 1/4 left to go. Hopefully another page and a half, and I'll be ready. Here's hoping I can do that much before Thursday.

Went to Megan's today and ended up playing games with her brother and his fiancée. Although I'm not overly thrilled about board games, Cranium was rather amusing. There's a category called "humdinger" which involves humming the tune of a song to your teammate. I always managed to get them right. Go me.

Got back to school. Mom was silent in the car the whole time. She acts mad, but I know she misses me already. It makes me feel a little homesick, since we got along surprisingly well this weekend. It's either play the "what did I do now?" game, or just let it go. I've got too much on my mind right now. Dad will just have to deal with her.

While the topic is still fresh in my mind, I want to make a list of things I want to accomplish before the day/week/session/college career is over:

Goals (difficulty level)
1. Take a shower (easy)
2. Finish my story (medium)
3. Lose weight (hard)
4. Graduate (easy-medium)
5. Get a boyfriend (hard)
6. Find something to like about myself (medium-hard)
7. Write something that gets published (medium-hard)
8. Ace my music midterm (easy-medium)
9. Hit 200 posts before June 28 (easy)
10. Stop biting my nails (hard)
11. Start being helpful to people around me (easy-medium)
12. Stop hating my hair (medium-difficult)
13. Buy a new shirt (easy)
14. Stop buying things from Ebay (medium)
15. Get a new toothbrush (easy)
16. Wear shorts outside without feeling uncomfortable (medium-hard)
17. Be responsible (medium)
18. Watch more anime (easy)
19. Do karaoke by myself (hard)
20. Tell my parents I don't want anything for my birthday and mean it (really hard)

And along those lines:

What I want for my birthday:

1. CDs - Frou Frou, Jeremy Camp, Stacie Orrico, Jars of Clay (Furthermore)
2. New guitar strings
3. All of Stephen King's books
4. Boyfriends for my single friends
5. LoTR - Fellowship & RoTK
6. Best Buy gift cards
7. sappy birthday cards
8. To experience the joy I used to feel on birthdays
9. Poster putty (no, I'm serious.)
10. Male and Female poseable models from The Source (for drawing references)

Alright, enough lists.

Posted by stad0059 at 4:57 PM

Time for a new one

I heard about this blog from the Daily article. Since I've been on just about every popular blogging website before, thought I'd give this one a try.

Anyway, just wanted to make a short entry. Technically I'm "working", although not much of that happens around here until later in the summer.

It's still raining. Stupid gray boring wet rain. I always get a wet streak up my back from riding my bike, but at the same time I'm too poor and lazy to go to Erik's and buy a rear tire shield. Eh.

More later.

Posted by stad0059 at 11:30 AM