« Blog week 8 | Main | Week 11 »

Research Project

I will look on employment possibilites regarding poor African Americans. I will do this as it relates to their job satisfaction. Then I will find out about the past, current and hopeful employment for students at my site.
I hope to find out what the students at my site desire to do regarding work for their future. This answer will be influenced by their lives, and the past of African Americans.
The students I work with at the alternative school are making an effort to get a high school degree, so I assume they have work goals. So, their thought s on employment are very important to the work I do with them when I tutor. Also, North Minneapolis has limited options, so it will be interesting to see how it has influenced the ambitions of the young people of the community.
A young women named Letisha has been my best source. She was very open with me and gave me an image of her perfect work situation. I appreciated it very much, because it allowed me into the mind of somebody with widely different perceptions. It aslo helped me to narrow my research because I became interested in job satisfaction from her comment she enjoyed working at Arby's.