Getting ready for Pecha Kucha

We're down to our final two class meetings, so we are now entering the final push for our Pecha Kucha presentations. In class next week (April 25), each of you will deliver your presentation to the rest of the group. Please bring in your complete set of 20 visuals and be ready to tell your story in only 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

All of us will provide written feedback on each presentation, and you'll be able to use those comments to tweak your structure or visuals to give an even stronger presentation for the week following. In our final meeting on May 2, we'll throw the doors open and invite people from outside the class to join our audience.

Bring your title
Please remember to conjure up a title for your presentation (even if you are not using a 'traditional' title slide as part of your graphics). I'll use your titles to organize the schedule of talks for our last class and I may include them in a bit of 'advertising' for our final class.

Keep calm and carry on
Finally, a lot of people (me included) find that delivering a presentation is an emotional, as well as intellectual, challenge. At it happens, one of the presentation blogs I follow posted a short entry about dealing with anxiety around public speaking. If you start feeling nervous about your talk, read through 'How to remain calm before a presentation' - it might be just what you need.