Welcome to GEOG8280!

Hello everyone and welcome to the 2012 Fall semester.

Decadal variability is a hot topic in climate sciences at the moment, as well as in several related disciplines. I'm excited to have the chance to work through the fundamentals of this behavior and talk about its potential implications for resources management and long-term planning.

I've attached the syllabus for the class, so please read it closely so you can decide whether this course fits your interests and schedule. I have also attached two readings that we'll discuss in our first meeting (the first is a classic paper from the early days of global climate science, and a second that describes the state-of-the science).

IMPORTANT REMINDER 1: This course has been rescheduled to Thursdays at 9:30AM to 12:30PM.

IMPORTANT REMINDER 2: We'll meet in 609 Social Sciences Tower.

IMPORTANT REMINDER 3: For our first meeting ONLY, class will begin at 10:30AM. For the next week and all meetings thereafter, we'll start at our regular time of 9:30AM.

Again, welcome to the course. I'm excited to get things started on Thursday.

Scott

GEOG8280 syllabus.pdf