Working in Teams

Like any position, an instructional designer can face very challenging days at work. This past week in class my partner and I presented our case study and although we could have approached it in many ways, we decided to use the case study as a way to show what instructional designers face when working with a team of people on a project.

We did a hand slap activity in class which was designed to show how people feel when someone puts them down, makes them feel unappreciated, discriminated against, ect. This activity brought about many discussions on working together in teams and dealing with the people that can make our job very hard and frustrating. The point of the hand slap activity was that the more your hand is slapped, the more you feel miss treated, the more hurt you feel. However, someone thought that once your hand is slapped to much it goes numb. This is very true and in most cases we start to ignore the bad treatment that we receive. Another person made the argument that although our hand may become numb we may still have a calase or scare. Although we may be able to handle the pain, it doesn’t go away.

When I feel like my hand it slapped I always know who my support people are. It is important to have people that are supporting what you do.

Posted by sthielen at April 2, 2005 9:02 PM