A lot to learn

As an instructional designer, I realized how much I have to learn. I have always been aware of the different phases of design but after reading the required material and attending class I was able to put my actions into words and descriptions. By being more familiar with the process: Define, Design, Demonstrate, Develop and Deliver, I will know where in the process I am. The most important thing I learned is the need to repeat the process. When teaching a class I make changes from one year to the next but something I donít go through the whole process but just parts of it. For example, I am very bad at skipping the Define stage because I already think that I have defined the needs, etc. I should not skip over this stage because the needs of the students may change over the year thus affecting the rest of the process.

Posted by sthielen at 4:21 PM

So it begins......

After just one week of classes I already feel behind. My job requires me to motivate and assist students and here I am needing to motivate myself.

So welcome to my blog. This blog will focus on subject matter from CI5336: Planning for Multimedia Design & Development.

Cheers!

Posted by sthielen at 8:48 AM