Blog Post #4: Barbara Fredrickson's broaden and build theory

4.1.bmp

I think I would remember Barbara Fredrickson's broaden and build theory, the theory proposing that happiness predisposes us to think more openly.
I just was aware that a bad mood would more likely cause illness like cancers than a good mood would, however, after studying broaden and build theory, I know that happiness not only helps us keep healthy, but also allows us to think more openly. In the next five years, I believe that there will be many challenges waiting for me. And I think the broaden and build theory can help me deal with these challenges in a better way.

4.2.bmp

In college, I believe that being in a good mood helps me to come up with more solutions when I am trying to answer a question. By contrast, a bad mood usually leads to a bad ending. My experience is that every time I feel sad or angry, I get stuck on some questions when I either do homework or take exams.

4.3.bmp

After graduation, I should have a positive attitude to apply for a job. According to the research, the broaden and build theory helps me to see out more opportunities. Moreover, a good mood can help me to find out romantic partners because happiness usually drive one person to notice some nice characteristics that other people have.

Great post! This is why I always try to be in the best mood possible. I have also noticed that when I am in a bad mood I tend to not want to do things with my friends or go to a social event. Being a happy person allows you to meet more people and allows you to make a lot more friends than you could ever imagine.Be Happy!

I think happiness is vital for a good life, but one cannot be happy all the time. It's simply impossible. Mood changes from day to day and even hour to hour. I think happiness is important, just not 24/7.