5 years from now

5 years from now I think I will remember most the information about happiness. Happiness is obviously a very prevalent topic in our society-- everyone wants to achieve happiness in their lives. Our book tells us that there are several main predictors of if we are happy or not. These include, marriage, friendships, a college degree, religious beliefs, exercise, gratitude, and giving. I think many of us try to reach happiness through romantic interests and through our friendships. However, it's important to remember that there are many other components and predictors of happiness. We also need to focus on how we treat others and what we can do to help others. The act of giving does breed more happiness and I think it's important to remember that.

Five years from now, I plan to be starting my actual career. I want to be a teacher, so that I can help others and give back to the community. I also want to get married, travel a lot, and start a family in the next 5 years. I am hoping, of course, to reach that level of happiness that we all strive for with those goals of mine. Psychology will definitely play a role in that happiness.

Also, of course, it is important to remember the popular misconceptions about happiness. Our text book also tells us that money does not predict happiness, the events (whether they are positive or negative) do not determine our happiness, and neither does our happiness decrease with old age. I hope that if I remember these lessons, I can achieve happiness in my life.

happy-face1.gif

I agree with what this person has said about happiness. In our society today, everyone is trying to achieve happiness and the "perfect life". Many people think that money and romantic relationships determine your happiness. These are not the only things, however, that determine happiness. There are many more components that are important as well. This person did a very good job of describing these different components.

Happiness is truly what makes the world go 'round. Without happiness, there is no love or friendship. I have had so many issues with happiness, so I kind of disagree with what the book says about money not bringing you happiness. Money, although it is not everything, can give you the breaks that you need to enjoy life and do fun things. It's hard for us to say that money is important. Also, giving to others is important, but I have had experiences where I realize that you cannot overload and you have to give time for yourself to be happy too. It's okay to be selfish sometimes and give YOURSELF a break and treat yourself to things that you enjoy. Good post!