« Project 4 | Main | Final Project »

Artist....

So I flipped through my wonderful digital art book, funny, I was going to look down to read the name of the book when I realised that was its name, nothing more. Anyway I was looking through the artists in it and what not. Some are pretty intriguing. I really like the Old Boys Network. It was a wonderful range of work. From kid like drawings all the way up to corporate professional level, realistic to completely cartoonish. I like that there is variety in the work, just because it makes things more interesting. I think it brings more to the whole of the work. I think my favorite, or at least one of my favorites from the collection is the one with the different pictures of women and kiwi (what is your vision of cyberfeminism). It's just super fun.. I like how they mix them together to almost give the feeling of the kiwi is a part of the woman. I get the mild hint of a clothing add in a magazine. Plus I'm mildly feministic, so I guess that draws me to the work as well. Or you could put it as my last digital instructor did, "Kate, I think you just have really big gender issues." I guess I was just born a few decades too late.