« Lawsuits against the friends of Amanda Jax dropped | Main | Rebels suspected of killing Peru police officers in ambush »

Smoking allowed again in Atlantic City Casinos

After only a month of “clean air? the no smoking ban on Atlantic City’s 11 casinos that was passed by the City Council last April has been repealed.

On Sunday at 12:01a.m. patrons were allowed to light their cigarettes up again. According the Press of Atlantic City, “the month-long smoking ban was blamed by gaming executives for scaring away customers.?

The Press of Atlantic City reported that “Smoking will resume on 25 percent of the casino floor as part of the city's previous restrictions on tobacco use. Customers may also use new smoking lounges that don't contain any slot machines or gaming tables.?

The Associated Press reported that “the financial meltdown rocked the economy and led to even steeper declines at the casinos.?

Trump Entertainment Resorts CEO Mark Juliano told the Associated Press that “at least now there's an even playing field with out-of-state slot parlors.?

Too bad this had to happen, as an asthmatic the first and only time I went to a casino was when I went to Mystic Lake. Not sure what all the hoopla was about, but I was sick for almost two weeks afterwards. Why couldn’t they only allow smoking in the “lounges??