Arturo from Racialicious posted another roundtable discussion for FlashForward's "semi-season finale" episode "A561984."
· Once again Mark is the subject of most complaints in the show, but the disdain for him and his one-dimensionality seems to have escalated as now some of the roundtable members are suggesting he follow in the footsteps of Det. Al Gough--in an attempt to save Dem's life by "changing the game."
· Carmen Van Kerckhove responded to last week's comment that Demetri's parents being opposed to his relationship with Zoey was stereotypical: "...I actually found it to be a refreshing dash of reality. In today's fake-ass "post-racial" TV landscape, interracial relationships are often depicted as if racism has ceased to exist. But let's face it: a lot of interracial couples are still dealing with this kind of thing..." I agree--the post-racial stuff gets on my nerves because it's not my reality, or any other person of color's reality.
· Will Zoey's parents make a cameo in March? How do they feel about the relationship?
· They're feeling Wedeck's image of dominance in this episode and want to see more of him and his story in March. Roundtable member Andrea summed it up nicely, "I liked that it was played as his rightfully being upset, not a stereotype of an out-of-control Negro
· Most of the members want Mrs. Noh to encourage Dem and Zoey to get married and work on having kids all before March! Somebody (jokingly) mentioned Mrs. Noh and the grandbabies having their own spinoff. Ha! Andrea: "Zoey and Dem need to have hotel sex again." Diana: "I'm with Andrea. Next episode should be titled "Makin' Babies."
· They all love Nahdra, her voice mostly, and agree that she brings a lot ("coolness and intrigue") to the series.