« Royalty 2011: Meet Laura Fitzpatrick and Mason Boutros | Blog Main Page | Royalty 2011: Meet Jen Marmer and Muaz Rushdi »

Royalty 2011: Meet Joanna Fritsch and Doug Manthei

Joanna FritschJoanna_Fritsch.jpg
Hometown: Sioux Falls
Major: Marketing
College: Carlson School of Management

Hi, my name is Joanna Fritsch and I am a senior studying Marketing at the Carlson School of Management. Formerly from South Dakota, I am thrilled to be enrolled in my senior year at The University of Minnesota. While I feel as though I have been an unofficial cheerleader for the Gophers for my entire life, I am honored to be a captain of the University of Minnesota All-Girl Cheerleading Team. Outside of cheerleading, I spend my time studying in the library, participating in student organizations both on and off campus, and volunteering. I have a passion for kids, athletics, and of course, the Golden Gophers! I am both excited and humbled to represent my fellow students on the Homecoming Court. Ski-U-Mah!

Doug MantheiDoug_Manthei.jpg
Hometown: Alexandria, Minnesota
Major: Economics
College: College of Liberal Arts

Doug is in his Junior year of studying Economics and is originally from Alexandria, Minnesota. Doug is a self described Gopher "Superfan," his favorite colors are maroon and gold and his least favorite is red! He enjoys attending all kinds of Gopher events but especially enjoys football, hockey, and volleyball games. Doug is an active participant in the student body and he is most proud of being the Vice President of Delta Tau Delta Fraternity. The thing he looks forward to most about Homecoming is the Gophers beating the Huskers Ski-U-Mah!