« Royalty 2011: Meet Joanna Fritsch and Doug Manthei | Blog Main Page | Homecoming 2011: Meet Justine Sharkey and Dan Swendsen »

Royalty 2011: Meet Jen Marmer and Muaz Rushdi

Jen MarmerJen Marmer.jpg

Hometown: Menasha, WI
Majors: Communication Studies & Public Relations
College: College of Liberal Arts, School of Journalism and Mass Communication

Jen is a junior studying Public Relations and Communication Studies. Outside of classes Jen loves to keep herself busy. Through her recent involvement with the We Are...Minnesota Spirit Initiative as the 2010-2011 Intern, she has fallen in love with Minnesota Athletics. More love for Minnesota sports is shown by keeping herself busy working at TCF Bank Stadium giving tours and working in the office. Jen is excited to be involved with Homecoming 2011--another opportunity to show off her MAROON and GOLD pride!

Muaz RushdiMuaz Rushdi.jpg

Hometown: Duluth, MN
Majors: Biomedical Engineering
College: College of Science and Engineering

Hi Gophers! My name's Muaz Nik Rushdi and I am an incoming senior majoring in Biomedical Engineering with a minor in Chemistry in the College of Science and Engineering. I am from the cool city of Duluth, Minnesota and have loved the past three years down here in the Twin Cities.

I love marathon running, dabbling with my acoustic guitar, and cooking delicious meals in my past time. An interesting fact about myself is that I spent 8 years of my life in the wonderful country of Malaysia. I'm so grateful to have been selected to represent the student body of the University on the Homecoming Court and can't wait for the excitement and buzz Homecoming brings to the campus and to see everyone out enjoying it!