We have about two weeks left of fall semester classes, followed by finals week. Here are the CLA 1001 assignments needed by December 6:
* Attend a checkback appointment with your CLA adviser
* Drop in for the second office hour visit with your CLA 1001 instructors
* Attend your second campus event and write about your experience
* Submit reflection on the "Seeking Clues from Our Younger Years" assignment
* Submit major exploration
* Submit faculty interview write-up
* Attend part 2 of Unraveling the Libraries
The middle of t he semester is coming soon (yep, already). This is a good time to check on things you've done and should have done. There's still time to stay on track in CLA 1001 and your other classes. Use the "Track Your Progress" grid (syllabus, page 9) to make notes on where you stand. Assignments done and coming up are all great topics for conversation when you come to visit your instructors during office hours. We love to chat about this stuff!
Here's what you should have done for CLA 1001 by October 25
* Response to Dean Rosenstone's talk and the article on liberal education
* Attend and write a brief report on one campus event
* Visit Alex, Jen or Christine during office hours
* Set up an appointment with your CLA adviser
* Unraveling the Libraries, Session I
* Faculty interview assignment - Who? Why? What topics?