Leadership? #2

Goleman's reading has improved my previous view of leadership. It helps me to define my "essential personal skills" to become more specific. With that being said, I think leadership is versatility. Reflecting on myself, I have yet to be a versatile leader. I find it hard to use coerciveness style of leadership because I prefer harmony environment. However, my new perspective will hopefully guide me to be able to respond to a situation appropriately.

Other than that, "Understanding why people follow" is a very inspiring discussion. It is an endorsement to my view that leadership is inspirational as I read through stories of leaders who prioritize the needs of their followers.

Goleman, Daniel (2000). "Leadership that Gets Results." Harvard Business Review, 78(2), 78-90.
Rath, T. & Conchie, B. (2009). "Understanding why people follow." Strengths based leadership: Great leaders, teams, and why people follow. (pp. 79 - 85). New York: Gallup Press.

Grade: 7 out of 10 possible
Clarity of the new definition: 1 point of 2 possible
Thoughtfulness of the analysis: 4 points of 6 possible
Grammar, spelling, and APA style: 2 points of 2 possible