Leadership #3

This week, I have a new perspective on leadership after I went over self evaluation as provided by Lee and King (2001) and Terry (2001). I think leadership is choices of actions made consciously and unconsciously from one's personal values and beliefs. When I discovered my personal core values and belief, I could relate with how I acted in my previous leadership experience. Apparently, one of my core values is family and I believe that leadership is spiritual. I was once a youth group leader for a kids program and I motivated them to put their best effort to excel in the academic field because God will eventually reward it with success.

Despite having a new definition of leadership, I still believe that my previous definitions are valid.

Lee, R. J., & King, S. N. (2001). "Ground your leadership vision in a personal vision." Discovering the Leader in You: A guide to realizing your personal leadership potential (pp. 31 - 54). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, Inc.
Terry, R. (2001). "Deciding what you believe." Seven zones for leadership: Acting authentically in stability and chaos (pp. 20 - 40). Mountain View, CA: Davies-Black Publishing, Inc.

Calley, the point of the definition is that you need to integrate the week's readings -- so when you say, "I still believe that my previous definitions are valid", that is sort of missing the point of the assignment. Each week, you need to evolve the definition to keep what remains from the last week and incorporate new ideas and thoughts.

Please remember to include the proper format. Refer to Appendix A of the syllabus for guidance.

Grade: 7 out of 10 possible
Clarity of the new definition: 1 point of 2 possible
Thoughtfulness of the analysis: 4 points of 6 possible
Grammar, spelling, and APA style: 2 points of 2 possible