Leadership 7

Previous week definition:

Leadership is a collection of essential personal skills that are to be learned in an ongoing basis; versatility is one of them.
Leadership helps a team to accomplish specific goals efficiently through the collaboration between individuals.
Leadership can also be choices of actions made consciously and unconsciously from one's personal values and beliefs which can affect other people in many ways.

This week definition:

Leadership can also be choices of actions made consciously and unconsciously from one's personal values and beliefs, which can affect other people in many ways.

Analysis of the differences in the definitions:

This week, I would like to discuss my third definition of leadership that is "Leadership can also be choices of actions made consciously and unconsciously from one's personal values and beliefs, which can affect other people in many ways ". According to Heifetz and Linsky (2002), a leader must "take action, step back, assess the result of the action, reassess the plan, then go to the dance floor (go back to the situation) and make the next move". There is a need to be aware of the nature of a situation through the realization of the non obvious aspect of it (Heifetz & Linsky,2002). There are two things that I found interesting in the article and it is also very related to my definition of leadership. First, subtlety is a result of unconscious action of people from their own values. For example, in the case of Amanda, people around her might believe in superiority based on their overwhelming reaction towards Brian's idea and they might not even realize that they have such belief (Heifetz & Linsky,2002). Secondly,I believe balcony perspective is a guide to improve with decision-making for leader so that they are more conscious than they are with their own actions. In a nutshell,article by Heifetz and Linsky (2002) supports my third definition of leadership for this week. 

References:

Heifetz, R. A., & Linsky, M. (2002). "Get on the balcony." Leadership on the Line: Staying alive through the dangers of leading (pp. 51 - 74). Boston: Harvard Business School Press.

Grade: 7 out of 10 possible
Clarity of the new definition: 1 point of 2 possible
Thoughtfulness of the analysis: 4 points of 6 possible
Grammar, spelling, and APA style: 2 points of 2 possible