Mega Millions winners come forward

Two public school teachers and a school administrator who call themselves "The Three Amigos" are sharing the spoils of last month's record Mega Millions jackpot, Maryland Lottery officials said Tuesday.

The Maryland winners claimed their proceeds Monday and chose to remain anonymous, MercuryNews.com said. The lottery agency shared some details in a news conference, however, including the fact that each of the three friends works multiple jobs to make ends meet.

The three friends - a woman in her 20s, a woman in her 50s and a man in his 40s - work in Maryland's public education system, msnbc.com said.

"If it can't be you, these people are precisely the people you would want to see win," Maryland Lottery director Stephen Martino said.

Lottery officials said the three winners each contributed $20 to purchase 60 tickets at three different locations.

The night of the drawing, the woman who purchased the tickets laid them out on her floor, watching the winning numbers come in, msnbc.com said. After collecting herself from a state of disbelief at realizing she'd won, she called her two friends right away.

According to the Maryland Lottery, the winners chose the cash option of $158 million. After taxes, they will take home just under $35 million each.

The winning Maryland ticket is one of three nationally that split the $656 million jackpot, the biggest in Mega Millions history, MercuryNews.com said.

The trio plan to invest their winnings, but they also plan to fulfill a few dreams. The man told lottery officials that he planned to help his children with college expenses, pay off his house and buy his sister a house. One woman planned to go backpacking through Europe with her brother and the other woman plans to tour Italy's wine country.

I've tried my luck at the lottery for more then 3 year. Unfortunately, without success! I sometimes wonder how a potential win will change my life. I think that I will continue to be a teacher because I really love my job, I adore children! Mover