Definition, Week 11

Last week's definition: Leadership means assuming both a servant and a directorial position while being aware of one's own personal values and perspectives and making wise ethical choices as one assumes responsibilities for the direction of others, taking deliberate approaches to guide subordinates toward goals while providing them with hope, stability, compassion, and trust.

This week's definition: Leadership means assuming both a servant and a directorial position while being aware of one's own personal values and perspectives and making wise ethical choices as one assumes responsibilities for the direction of others, taking deliberate approaches to guide subordinates toward goals while providing them with hope, stability, compassion, and trust.

My leadership definition has not changed this week. I feel that the incredibly inspiring article, "Ten Leadership Lessons from the Steve Jobs School of Management" only reinforced the leadership values I already know to be true. My definition is pretty long, as it is, so adding another clause to this to make a redundant, wordy definition would not be wise, especially since I would probably be repeating an idea that has already been expressed. I believe my current definition perfectly captures my idea of leadership and the elements mentioned in the article come from the leadership values I mention in my definition.

Source:
Lomas, N. (2011). "Ten leadership lessons from the Steve Jobs school of management." Silicon.com. Retrieved fromhttp://www.silicon.com/management/ceo-essentials/2011/11/18/ten-leadership-lessons-from-the-steve-jobs-school-of-management-39748225/

Grade: 10 out of 10
Clarity of the new definition: 2 points
Thoughtfulness of the analysis: 6 points
Grammar, spelling, and APA style: 2 points