One of two bombs intercepted from Yemen last week was disarmed 17 minutes before it was due to explode, the French interior minister said Thursday.
French Interior Minister Brice Hortefeux said to France-2 television that one of two bombs sent via air freight was 17 minutes away from detonation, according to the BBC.
However, Hortefeux did not reveal the source for the information, according to the BBC.
The White House said it could not confirm this information either, according to the Star Tribune. Robert Gibbs, White House press secretary, said that the explosion time of the bombs is still under investigation.
A bomb was also found in Britain last week, but British officials could not confirm the detonation time of the bomb, according to the Star Tribune.
Investigators have focused on the al-Qaida group in the Arabian Peninsula that said it was behind the parcel bomb plot, according to the BBC.