A University of St. Thomas student died early Saturday in a house fire as he and three other students were asleep.
The fire department arrived at the house at 1795 Selby Ave. around 3:15 a.m., and the house was engulfed by flames, the St. Paul Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard said to the Pioneer Press.
Three students were asleep on the second level, and one student was asleep on the first level. He died in the fire, according to the Pioneer Press.
The three students jumped from the second-story window, and they were taken to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, according to the Star Tribune.
They suffered smoke inhalation and minor injuries, according to the Star Tribune.
It is not clear how the fire started, but preliminary indications show the fire started outside the house, Zaccard said to the Star Tribune.
The name of the victim has not been released, according to the Star Tribune.