Scene Analysis of Priceless Mastercard Commercial
Scene Analysis of â€śElephantâ€? Priceless Mastercard Commercial.
Link to online commercial: http://www.priceless.com/us/personal/en/pricelesstv/index.html
1. Long shot scene Establishes setting and main characters: Zoo Keeper and Elephant, and their â€śfriendship.â€? Zoo Keeper is scrubbing Elephant. This ties in emotional side, and Fairy/tale romantic comedy-ish music adds to that emotional draw for audienceâ€”it also makes the commercial story-like
2. long-shot scene of Zoo Keeper sneezing and leaving Zoo. This long-shot portrays the Zoo Keeper as forlorn and alone--sneezing
3. Pan back to long-shot of Elephant We see â€śbody langugageâ€? of Elephant, trunk down, and his reaction to forlorn Zoo Keeper.
4. Close-up shot of Mastercard The back ground is dark, and light flashes across the Mastercard name on card. Adding the story-like commercialâ€”light drawing attention to the name almost like a sword!
5. Low-angle shot of Elephant with Zoo gate behind him The Elephant has the source of power leaving the Zoo with his Mastercard.
6. Extreme long-shot of Elephant with city in landscape The setting is established and we know where the Elephant is headed
7. Series of medium/close-up shots Action of Elephant and â€śhot soup $4,â€? â€śCold medicine $11,â€? etc. on the left side of the medium and close up shots. While on the right side of the screen there is the Mastercard being scanned= Appealing on the left, brand name on the right. This ends with Zoo Keeper getting the remedies from the Elephant. There is a simple narrator to reinforce the images on the screen.
8. Final close-up shot Mastercard, with narrative about how Mastercard â€śmakes it all better.â€? Reinforcing the â€śpay passâ€? simplicity.