Technological Emergence

VIDEOS

FEATURED ARTICLES

Remy Mwamb

Reflections from Remy Mwamb

Technological Emergence Contributor Remy Mwamb sent us this two part reflection on the project: Part One Part Two

Anushke Guneratne

Bottom up Globalization: How The Internet Empowers Social Movements

This paper discusses how the internet as a form of new media facilitates social movements. The nature of the public sphere and the structure and formation of society needs to be considered to understand how the internet will be useful, or how the internet changes social structures. Different theories of how information and media affect social and political decision making are also discussed. The revolutionary nature of the internet has changed information flow and control, and there are several real-world instances which can be used as an example. The discussion enabled several criteria to be derived which will be helpful

Bernadette Longo

What a long, strange trip it's been...

First, some thanks Because I'm a writer, I will put my thoughts about this collection in writing. I have so many thoughts and feelings about this project that I think I will make this reflection a series of installments about this experience, which started back in 2009 and 2010 as I planned a trip to Lubumbashi and then made this life-changing visit. So thinking about wrapping up this project feels like wrapping up a chapter of my life.

Christopher Cocchiarella

Pragmatic ICTs for Technical Communication: Aesthetic and Ethical Experiences in Business Philosophy

Introduction: meaning business Summary: In this article, my goal is to reflect philosophically on the uses of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in technical communication, which is partly a reflection on my professional experience. This inquiry will be empirically grounded in institutional economics advocated by John Kenneth Galbraith, and it will be philosophically aligned with the pragmatist tradition following John Dewey.

GEOTAGS