The Decision

Well, life has been pretty hectic since my senior year of high school started. First, it was application time and soon after it was decision time. I had a hard time deciding between St. Thomas University and the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. St. Thomas was the first university I visited. My friends sister toured me around the campus and I fell in love with the freedom college life had to offer. I was very sick of high school, sick of being stuck in an institution with students who just plain didn't want to be there. I rarely took regular classes, because there wasn't any intelligent conversation in those classes. Most of the students were only there because they had to be and I wanted to learn. At St. Thomas I saw an atmosphere where people were there to learn. A place where students chose to be. After the visit I had decided that St. Thomas was the place to be. However, I later learned that I had been too quick to decide. When the acceptance letters came pouring in I decided that I needed to open my mind. At first, I was very hesitant to consider the University of Minnesota, the campus' size seemed very intimidating. After talking with my parents I decided to visit the campus. I liked the city life, it was something I had never experienced before. I choose the University of Minnesota in April although I wasn't completely convinced it was the place for me. It wasn't until I finally started visiting the downtown area that I fell in love with the campus.
Now that I am less than a month from starting my first semester at the University I am starting to get a little nervous. I only have one really good friend going there and she is going to be on the St. Paul campus. I am also nervous to choose classes because I am very unsure of what I want to do with my life. Even though I'm scared I am ready to embark on the rest of my life.