More resources on open source and education

Given that this blog was created for a specific project that ended long ago, I never cease to be amazed at how much traffic it generates! I suspect it has something to do with the collection of references to materials related to open source and education that are listed. Therefore, I've decided to try to keep the blog alive, at least for now. This is a topic that I'm still interested in and I still collect materials on. Also, input from others would be very welcome, so feel free to leave comments, links to other sources, etc.. Especially links to new things people are working on...

Here are links to some stuff I've collected recently (some of is a bit dated that I've had lying around for some time):

Wide Open: Open source methods and their future potential - Excellent report from Demos.
Free/Libre and Open Source Software: Survey and Study - What motivates OSS developers? Learning, of course.
Comparison study of Free/Open Source and Proprietary Software in an African context: implementation and policy-making to optimise community access to ICT Not everyone thinks OSS is practical. But, does this strengthen the argument for using OSS to educate?
Lens on the Future: Open source learning OS ideology in higher education.
Why Developing Countries Need to Use and Create Free Software (and how it promotes Gross National Happiness.) Bhutan snubs the GDP and now focusses on Gross National Happiness - how does OS fit in? Lots about the educational aspects of OS software development.
ThinkCycle: Reaching Out to Solve Real-World Problems And the ThinkCycle web site: ThinkCycle.com
Vores Øl Applying OS methodology in innovative ways (Vores Øl - Danish for 'Our beer').

Posted by thay0012 at February 7, 2006 9:00 AM