Happy Birthday, Oliver! | Main | Merry Christmas!

Just a little update.

Hello there! Mom had to search back quite a few weeks to find this picture. It seems that I have a hard time looking semi-normal when I see the camera these days.
IMG_4159.JPG
I have a tendency to want to stand a little too close to the camera when I ask to have my picture taken.

So does someone else around here.
IMG_4221.JPG
If you're quick, you can snap the photo before he gets too close.

If not, you end up with something like this:
IMG_4222.JPG
Don't worry, Oliver. I liked to do the same thing when I was your age. There are plenty of examples in the archives during 2006.

Guess what Oliver can do now?
IMG_4233.JPG
It has opened up a whole new world for him. The only problem is that he has a hard time figuring out how to get back down to crawling from this position.

He seems to enjoy his new perspective.
IMG_4229.JPG
Still no need for a haircut as you can see. He does have a pretty neat cowlick, however.

In other news, Oliver now weighs almost 24 pounds and is 28 inches tall. I weighed myself just the other day and I am tipping the scales at a whopping 32 pounds. We're all wondering how long it will take Oliver to catch up to me.

Oliver is starting to talk a little bit. He can say "Mmmmmmmom!" and "Dadadadadada" and "No." I'm trying to teach him to say "Elissa" but that isn't working out so well. Every once in awhile we think we hear him say something really complicated, but I think he might just be messing with us. He has also learned how to clap his hands and give high fives.

I'm still enjoying preschool quite a bit. I'm also learning how to spell a lot of different words. I know "on" and "off" and quite a few others. I also know how to spell "mom" and "dad" and I even know that "mom" upside-down spells "wow."

I'm sure I'll have more to report next week after Santa pays us a visit. Happy Holidays to everyone from ESP!

Posted by thil0020 at December 18, 2008 4:45 PM

Wait. Stop everything. She *asks* to have her picture taken? How awesome!

And the one with Oliver's pointy tongue sticking out - priceless! I love that kid!

Posted by: Amy at December 19, 2008 5:10 PM

Ahaha! The one with Oliver and his tongue is priceless, like he knows he is up to something!

Posted by: Kari at December 23, 2008 4:27 PM