Non-Working/Non-Exiistant Machines

HHH Building - West Bank. There are machines in the women's bathrooms on the first and ground floor but they are busted up and not operational.

Posted by thom0286 at 9:38 AM · Operation OB

Working Machines

I don't have any right now. Please post locations you are aware of with working machines

Posted by thom0286 at 9:37 AM · Operation OB

Operation OB (Again)

So, when I was an Undergraduate the last project I had with University Young Women was what we called "Operation OB". It was a project to identify where there were and were not operation tampon/napkin dispensers on campus. It was one of the most bizarrely successful campaigns. I swear we had whole offices of women sending information into us. Keep in mind this was just before email came onto campus and this information was called, mailed and walked into the office!

So, why am I writing about this? Well, it appears that there really has been no improvement on campus in the availability of working "feminine hygiene" machines on campus. Sure, you can find free condoms fairly easily but not tampons! (and if you use the former you will need the latter!).

So, I thought I would try to find a purpose for this blog and invite women across campus to use this as a forum to post information about where there are and are not working tampon/napkin machines on campus.

Since this is my forst real effort at drawing traffic into this site I will need to kind-of make the "rules" up as we go. The first one, I suppose, is that I expect civility and good manners in your postings. I will start blog entries labeld "Working Machines" and "Non-Working/Non-Existant Machines" where people can enter the locations.

Thanks and I can't wait to see how this works!!

Posted by thom0286 at 9:24 AM · Operation OB

I Need Employment!!

Friday was my last day with Greater Twin Cities United Way (the position was a temporary one for the Fall) and that means I am wonderfully unemployed again. So, if anyone knows of anything that might fit my qualifications I would appreciate a heads up. I am posting the latest version of my resume here, feel free to pass it about if you want.

In terms of what I am looking for .... something in non-profit management would be my first choice but I am open to any bright ideas. If you read my resume and know of something that would be a great fit with my skills let me know. The resume is pretty broad.

I would like something that has some flexibility at least through May of 2006, enough to allow me to attend the one daytime class I am registered for. Keep in mind that the class is "Financial Management of Nonprofits" and I would hopefully be applying the things I learn in the class to any position I may be in.

And I am also open to doing the tax thing again too.

Download file

Posted by thom0286 at 7:11 AM · Personal

A Ramble about Finals and Computers

So, I may be somewhat goofy right now. I am trying my damndest to understand Microeconomics and it ain't working. But, my mind has just been distracted in a major way by the fact that I checked my email and have yet another freaking "your IP was Logged" email with a file attached. In other words, someone affiliated with HHH whose computer is infected with a virus has not yet figured out how to get it off and it continues to spam us with the freaking virus.

Now mind you this is merely an annoyance to me for two reasons: 1) I am not so stupid as to open, and; 2) I have a Mac computer. I looked on the Symantec website and I couldn't event find a recent virus alert for Macs on it.

Anyway, will someone please explain to me how someone who is apparently bright enough to be affiliated with this great school cannot figure out how to download the freaking free anti-virus software through the U, install it and get rid this freaking virus?!?!

Enough ranting for now .... back to pretending I am even going to come remotely close to passing this class.

Posted by thom0286 at 7:01 AM · School Stuff

Great Resource for Event Planning

If you go to http://www.diversitycouncil.org/PDF_files/2005_Calendar.pdf
you can download a great calendar that lists almost all holidays and other significant multi-cultural dates. This can be a great help in making sure you don't accidentally schedule something on a major holiday.

The parent web site for this calendar,http://www.diversitycouncil.org/ is also a great resource for folks. They have a lot of great resources plus they are based in our own Rochester, Minnesota!

I have emailed them to ask when their 2006 calendar will be available and will pass on the information as soon as it's available!.

Posted by thom0286 at 7:31 PM

AA grant information

OK Folks ...

since you elected me I have not been lounging about. I spoke with our new Chair, Brian Melendez, and he assured me that we hace AT LEAST $10,000 for grants and we can get started on that process.

So, I am uploading copies of DRAFTS of a grant form and policy. Please review them and post comments.

DRAFT Grant Form Download file

DRAFT Grant Policy Download file

Posted by thom0286 at 10:50 PM · DFL Affirmative Action

Conference Call Tomorrow (5/10)

Please join me on a statewide confrence call . Learn more about
how we can improve the DFL's Affirmative Action Office and my
plan for change.

May 10th 7:00 pm
Dial in Number 1-800-8681123
Access Code 609 718 27

Posted by thom0286 at 3:51 PM · DFL Affirmative Action

Figured out the problem

It appears I uploaded the PPT Temp file rather than the main document. Here is the right file:
Download file

Posted by thom0286 at 2:11 PM

Powerpoint File

Since it appears that the file is not working we are going to have to find another way to access it online.

In the meantime people can email me and I'll send a copy direct to you via email. that did work for another person.

Posted by thom0286 at 1:23 PM