Conference Call Tomorrow (5/10)

Please join me on a statewide confrence call . Learn more about
how we can improve the DFL's Affirmative Action Office and my
plan for change.

May 10th 7:00 pm
Dial in Number 1-800-8681123
Access Code 609 718 27

Posted by thom0286 at 3:51 PM

Figured out the problem

It appears I uploaded the PPT Temp file rather than the main document. Here is the right file:
Download file

Posted by thom0286 at 2:11 PM

Powerpoint File

Since it appears that the file is not working we are going to have to find another way to access it online.

In the meantime people can email me and I'll send a copy direct to you via email. that did work for another person.

Posted by thom0286 at 1:23 PM

Prisoners = Republican Power?

Download file

As I noted before, I am currently a student at the HHH School at the U of MN. I have spent the last twelve hours preparing for a presentation in my "Racial Discrimination and Public Policy" class.

Perhaps it is the punchiness from lack of sleep but I thought I would post my Powerpoint presentation here.

My presentation is about how the US Census method of counting people in prisons as residents of the area where the prison is may be torqueing the political system and resulting in the disenfranchisement of not only those prisoners but also their familes and neighbors.

What you may find partcurally interesting is towards the end of the presentation. There seems to be a bit of a corralary between Minnesota's rising prison population (10.3% alone in 2003) and the rise of the Republican power in the State House.

Megan

Posted by thom0286 at 8:34 AM