Popular topics

Make it yourself

The holidays have always been synonymous with handmade gifts. For those who enjoy arts and craft, it's easy to knit a pair of gloves, bead a necklace, or paint a knick-knack. For those less crafty, there are many simple projects...

12 Replies

Last Reply

Recent Topics Replies Last Reply
Less Expensive Family Gatherings
When budget and/or time is tight I will invite people over for dessert rather than...
0 Closed
Gifts from the U!
Throughout the holiday season, the Dairy Store has special ice cream flavors and cheese...
4
Photo Collage
I agree that you can create amazing gifts using your personal skills. My husband is...
0 Closed
blue spruce rosemary for Christmas tree
These are very tree like when pruned and can last many years with minimal care....
0 Closed
Give your time or skills
Rather than spending money on gifts, think of things that you could DO for those...
1
Share your talent: Writing, singing, drawing
This sort bridges off of other suggestions, but I thought I would chime in anyway....
0 Closed
Creative Spending Limits
Several years ago, my husband and I started the practice, now tradition, of limiting our...
0 Closed
Crafty project: book bags
This is a book bag I made as a gift a few years ago using...
Vote 1 Vote
0 Closed

Welcome to Thrifty Celebrations!

A site for University faculty, staff, and students to share cost-saving ideas for holiday traditions, cultural celebrations, family celebrations and more. If you’ve ever received or gave an inexpensive gift that you found particularly memorable, we want to hear about it. If you have an inexpensive holiday tradition, or cultural or family celebration you think others would enjoy, please share it with us. If you know of thrifty spots to get inexpensive gifts, send them our way. You can even upload a photo of your gift, project, or activity.

Start Topic

Start a new threaded discussion topic!

Forum Groups