#114 | Main | Silences Noises Voices (excerpt).

Updates.

As the calendar on the right hand side of the screen will indicate, finals week (last week) was difficult, but is now over. Back to regular updates, and possibly new projects.

Wittgenstein's philosophy is a springboard to new thought, but so often we get caught up in our fascination of what he said that we forget to move on. (Or perhaps it is that having been confronted by his undeniable genius, we fear our own contributions will not stand up.) Obviously, I believe close readings of Wittgenstein are important (which is to say, good for developing critical thought). I also think that other philosophical avenues will yield just as many insights. I plan on studying pragmatist philosophy this summer, as well as work out some thoughts of my own. Hopefully you will be able to join the summer Wittgenstein reading group--which I can now begin to prepare--and, if not, hopefully you will be toying with some other vehicle for critical thought.

The most recent new passage is just below, #114, and I plan to update with a quote from Cavell's "Silences Noises Voices" tomorrow. Until then, let me know what you think.

Posted by tiet0024 at May 16, 2005 2:12 PM | The Person